We might be living in uncertain times, but the good news is that lockdowns and social distancing aren’t going to last forever. Things are going to get back to normal at some point – and when they do, you’re going to be able to get started on a brand-new adventure at uni.
There are loads of amazing universities and colleges to choose from, and so in order to narrow down your top choices it’s always best to go to an open day event to get a taste of what life is like at that uni. Unfortunately, visiting campus live and in the flesh isn’t possible at the moment – but we’ve got the next best thing for you.
Here at Stirling, we’ll be putting on several Virtual Undergraduate Open Days over the course of the next few months to help you get a feel for our courses, learn about student support services, find out about funding, take a virtual tour of campus and more. You can even live chat with current students about what it’s really like living and studying here!
Did we mention that you don’t even have to get out of bed to attend? That’s out favourite part, too.
Our next Virtual Undergraduate Open Day is in June – and we’d love for you to join us. But to make sure you make the most of your Open Day experience, we’ve rounded up a few top tips.
Before you login
- Register online, and then log into the platform to familiarise yourself with where everything is. Every website is different, and so it’s good to get a feel for our virtual event space before the big day. If you need a tutorial video, we’ll post one here as soon as it’s finished.
- Plan ahead. Take a look at our range of courses online so that you know which presentations you’d like to watch and which academics you might like to ask questions to. If you already know what you’d like to ask our team, write down your questions beforehand so you don’t forget.
During the event
- Be sure to manage your time. We run multiple Open Day sessions as part of each event, and so that means you’ve only got a couple of hours to live chat with our students, staff and academics. It’s ok if you’re late – that’s the beauty of an online event! But if you’ve got lots of questions to ask us, make sure you give yourself enough time. It’s worth pointing our that you’ll be able to login after the event is over and playback all of our presentations. You just won’t be able to chat with us in real-time after Open Day is finished.
- Speak to people and take notes. Ask us anything, and be sure to jot down all of the answers that you were looking for in case you want to go back and reference it later. Ask us anything and everything, from study abroad options and course flexibility to where students like to go and let their hair down. There are no silly questions, and we’ll do our best to help!
- Take our virtual tour. Our 330-acre campus is absolutely beautiful, and we can’t wait for you to experience it in-person. But until then, the best way to see it is by taking our guided tour around all of our five-star facilities.
After Open Day is done
- Go through all of the information you gathered during Virtual Open Day and make a list of any gaps. Is there anything you forgot to ask us or that you’re confused about? If so, get back in touch! We love answering your questions, so give us a shout if you need more info.
- Log back in to replay some of our presentations. After a virtual event has ended, we normally leave all of our content online for a week or two afterwards. That way, you can access all of our Open Day presentations on demand. Just remember that our live chat function won’t be switched on if you’re exploring our virtual event space after Open Day is finished.
So, are you ready to experience Stirling? Check out our Undergraduate Open Days page now to find out more about our upcoming Virtual Undergraduate Open Days and how you can register to secure your place.