On behalf of everyone here at the University of Stirling and over 100,000 former students around the globe, we would like to welcome the class of 2022 to our alumni community!
When you graduate from the University of Stirling, you automatically become a life-long member of our alumni community. Jennifer Forman, Alumni Relations Manager, explains how to take advantage of the wide range of opportunities we offer to all our graduates.
Lifelong careers support
We keep supporting you long after you’ve completed your studies and taken your first steps into the world of work. That’s why we give you lifelong access to our Careers and Employability Service (CES). From refining your CV, to interview practice and much more, our Careers and Employability consultants are here for you no matter what stage of your professional journey you’re at. Here are some useful links to get you started:
- The CES offers alumni lifelong access to its services. If you are looking for work, considering postgraduate study, would like a CV-check or some tips for interview success, get in touch to make an appointment and speak with one of our consultants.
- Our online vacancy system displays a wide range of graduate jobs across the UK, as well as paid graduate internships, local paid part-time work and volunteering opportunities.
- We have a wealth of resources on our Graduate pages, including webinars, application advice, and guidance if you are considering further study.
- The Open University has created a MOOC on ‘Just Graduated? What Next?’ covering a range of topics to help you make your career choices.
- For our international graduates, there’s a similar one from the British Council called ‘Preparing for Work’.
- Also you will be contacted in 15 months to find out what you are doing at that point and asked to take part in the national Graduate Outcomes Survey which will show where Stirling graduates are and what they are doing. Graduate Outcomes is the biggest UK annual social survey and captures the perspectives and current status of recent graduates. This builds a picture of employability for Universities across the UK and your participation is hugely appreciated.
Stay in touch!
You have access to your portal for 30 days following graduation to opt-in to continue to access your student email account for two years after graduation.
You can join our alumni communities on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram and connect with old and new friends through our network of alumni ambassadors. If you lose contact with your Stirling friends, we can even help you get in touch with them!
Get involved in our alumni community
We’ve held webinars looking at employability in tough times featuring graduates from 2007/8, esports and virtual sports and biodiversity. You can catch up with our webinars via our YouTube channel.
Over the coming year we’re planning webinars covering topics including creative writing, history and gaming. Follow us on social media for more details.
Help us continue to support student scholarship and hardship funds by helping to spread the word on the importance of philanthropic funding, or through making a donation yourself at some point in the future.
Who doesn’t want to save money?! As a University of Stirling graduate, you can take advantage of some great discounts. Take a closer look at what’s on offer here!
The Alumni Office helps to organise alumni events all over the world and once we are allowed to do so safely, we can’t wait to see you at events in person! We also encourage and support the organisation of freestanding events and reunions by independent groups of alumni. If you’d like us to help you organise an event, please email email@example.com.
Keep up to date with news from the University
Don’t forget to sign up for our annual University magazine, Stirling Minds, which gives you updates from the campus as well as details of alumni events and reunions and the popular ‘class notes’ section. We will also send you regular e-newsletters in spring, autumn and winter. Make sure we have your up-to-date contact information to find out about events.
Congratulations again on your achievements! We hope you have had a fabulous student experience at Stirling with many happy memories and we hope to see you back on campus soon either at your award ceremony or one of our alumni events.