On Monday 14 November you’ll have the unique opportunity to find out more about all the services that the University offers to support you during your time at Stirling. Student Support Day runs from 9:00am-3:00pm in the Atrium, and there’s something for everyone.
Who’s going to be there?
- Staff from UofS services will be available to have a chat with you and answer any questions on the help that they may be able to offer. The Money Advice service will be available to answer any questions you have regarding budgeting, financial support or anything else relating to money. There’s also a very exciting game in which you will have the chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher – don’t miss out!
- Counselling and Wellbeing will be there too, giving you tips on what they can offer you when going through stressful and hard time as a student. On the same note, representatives from the Mental Wellbeing Society, Student Union and Chaplaincy will be in the Atrium promoting help they are able to offer to students facing difficulties and that may feel overwhelmed and under too much pressure. A workshop on relaxation techniques will also be offered by the Chaplaincy.
- Student Learning Services will be there, offering tips on revision techniques and writing skills. You will also be able to share your best study tips with fellow students and get lots of tips in return. This is a wonderful opportunity as the exams seasons is getting closer and closer.
- The Careers Service will also join the event and help you figure out what career would be suitable for you or how were to look for exciting internships. They will also organise a raffle and once again, you will have the chance win a £50 Amazon voucher!
- Last but not least, a Sport Facilities rep will join the event and there will be a number of vouchers for gym classes available and you’ll also have the opportunity to take part in a Sport Challenge!
The Student Support Day is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, as you will have the chance to find out more about ALL the wonderful services that the University offers you to make the best of your time here at Stirling. So don’t be shy, come along and find out more about what we can do to support you! ☺
– Francesca Sella, Student Assistant